Overall, we had a great experience building with JG King homes. Our site manager was great and the only problems we had were with the settlement. There were a few little issues with the house when we first moved in.
- The power kept shorting out in one of the powerpoints, it was disabled power to one side of the house each time it happened. This was discovered at the PCI and I assume they thought they’d fixed it, but it turns out it was wired wrong. They fixed this very quickly, I think it was a day later.
- The fan in the master bedroom didn’t extract the steam. Luckily this was quickly fixed when the electrician came and fixed the other issue. There was an insulation bat covering the fan.
- There were no curtains in our lounge area where the sliding door to the alfresco and yard was. This took a lot of conversation to resolve. They were adamant that we were not meant to get a curtain there. But our curtain package in our contract book said everywhere except for wet areas. It was incredibly annoying having no curtains here, it meant we had three months of glare on our TV during the day we could see our neighbour’s kids bouncing on the trampoline right behind the fence. After sending a few scans of the contracts they eventually sent someone around to install them.
- The sliding door into our back yard was broken, it was very hard to slide. This was due to the house being left unattended for the weekend whilst settlement was delayed. As you could see straight into our house from outside, someone saw our installed appliances and tried to steal them. Luckily they didn’t get in.
- The hot water system kept beeping. This seemed to resolve itself but still beeps periodically.
- The NBN box was installed in such a way that you cannot plug in a powerpoint in there and was set up differently to in pictured documentation in our handover guidebook. They are hopefully still going to fix this, but it’s been 3 months.
- Some outdoor vents were not put in quite correctly, but that was fixed quickly as well.
Overall, it’s been a great experience and we love the house. Thanks JG King!